Cheap Motorized Ball Valve CR04 / Fail Safe / Spring Return

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsen

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi

I have a friend traveling in the US for the next 2 weeks. He promised to carry some stuff home 2 me, because it's veeeery much cheaper in USA than in Denmark.

So, guys, where do i find a supplier of 1/2" motorized ball valves in a fail safe version meaning that if you apply power it opens, and if you turn of the power it's closes. It's called "spring return", "fail safe" or CR04. 12 V, 24 V or 220V. I need min. 6 and go for 10.

That type can directly replace a solonoid valve.

I've build 5 clycol chilled 200 liters SS fermenters. I attached a coil of copper pipe to the outsite walls of the fermentor with aluminum tape, and the insulate them with 50 mm (2") mineral wool, with aluminum front. They are all chilled by a beer line chiller and works perfedt.

The only thing is that the solonoid valves used to open and close for the coolant, couldn't stand beeing applied power for many hours, when i drop from fermentation temperatur to carbonation / tapping temp (1 degree celcious).

Hope you can help.

If you are interested in pictures, i for shure can opload some.

Thanks

/lars

Ok JoshuaW here's the pics

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

ControlScreen.jpg

Yes but none of those indicate status.

Spring return to open or closed?

Valves are available NO or NC.
My pneumatic spring returns are closed without power and my chiller motorized safety ball valve is open without power.

Most Chinese on ebay spring return or charged capacitor return valves are NC type.

Hi
So, guys, where do i find a supplier of 1/2" motorized ball valves in a fail safe version meaning that if you apply power it opens, and if you turn of the power it's closes. It's called "spring return", "fail safe" or CR04. 12 V, 24 V or 220V. I need min. 6 and go for 10.
My ball valves are from China and purchased on ebay.

They are all chilled by a beer line chiller and works perfedt.

The only thing is that the solonoid valves used to open and close for the coolant, couldn't stand beeing applied power for many hours, when i drop from fermentation temperatur to carbonation / tapping temp (1 degree celcious).

I use solenoid valves on my chiller which are rated for continuous work.
The design of the valve cools the coil as soon the valve is energized.

I like your fermentation screen, great job.

My fermentation screen doesn't show the chiller and lines, is very simple.
All required messages are dynamic and pop up as required.
A sample of the remote monitoring screen is below your screen.

241347d1418380395-cheap-motorized-ball-valve-cr04-fail-safe-spring-return-controlscreen.jpg

Fermenter_Altbier08_2014.jpg

ClaudiusB,

I just finished looking at your photo album. WOW!! I wish I had half your ingenuity and skill!

Back