Cheap Hop bags?? Anyone know?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matteo57

Reaction score
Where can I find cheap hop bags in bulk (50-100)? I am tired of buying them from my LHBS at like $.75/bag. Anyone know where I can find some? Thanks!

home depo paint strainers 1 gallon and 5 gallon i think its like 1.50 for a 2 pack! but much finer mesh

Yeah, I agree with the above, go to your local hardware store and get some paint strainer bags. I recommend the 5 gallon bags, as they allow maximum water and hop flow which will increase your hop utilization. They are reusable for several batches if cleaned after each use.

What about for things like oak chips/cubes and hops in a keg I only want to keep in there for a limited time and then toss?
The paint strainer bags are a good idea though! Thanks! i usually don't use hops bags in the kettle anymore but I want to find something for dry hopping type purposes or oak, etc
Thanks!

I'd like to find some small nylon paint strainer bags for hopping myself. They're way easier to clean than muslin sacks.

You can use panty hose as well, soak it a few minutes in boiling water, then add your hops......You can get pantyhose at a dollar store..........

Buy voile from Walmart and sew them up. You could make a decades worth of bags for less than $10.

On Amazon you can get 25ct. muslin bags for ~$7, or 50ct for ~$15. Just search 'muslin bag'.

Back