Cheap CO2 regulator stem and nut

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WI_Wino

Reaction score
I got a free regulator from a friend years ago. I dusted it off last night and noticed that it doesn't have the stem and nut to connect to the CO2 tank.

My google searching found good prices (stem and nut) at Midwest supplies but outrageous shipping ($15). AIH has both pieces for $~9 but shipping is $7.

Amazon had options for ~$15 for the stem and nut (can't find the same items today).

Another $20 and I have a brand new regulator.

Anyone know of a place that has these cheap w/ shipping? Or local to Madison WI? Need the stem to be RH thread and the nut to be left hand thread.

Don't buy that economy regulator. Those things sucks.

What kind of regulator did you dust off? Do you have a picture or a link to something similar?

You could get a nipple and add it to another primary body to have a dual body setup.

Don't buy that economy regulator. Those things sucks.

What kind of regulator did you dust off? Do you have a picture or a link to something similar?

You could get a nipple and add it to another primary body to have a dual body setup.

What's wrong with the economy regulators?

I'll get some pics up later tonight.

My experience has been less than good. Hard to set a pressure. Minor leaks. I am moved entirely to taprite and I love them. They last forever and if they break you can contact taprite and they mail you replacement parts for free. Very impressed with their service and support.

That is an interesting regulator body. The high pressure and regulated pressure gauges are switched from what I am accustomed to.

also, check the threads for the stem, there are some regulators that use a left hand thread, and that could be very frustrating for you.

I would check for a local airgas or other welding supply shop near you. I don't know if it would be any cheaper, but you would be able to bring your regulator there and make sure that you get the correct fittings.

I think mcmaster also has the fittings, but they also have high shipping rates, but you could check them online as well.

If it's missing pieces, what makes you think the regulator is functioning properly?

Usually, bad regs are cannibalized. I'd bet your reg isn't up to par either...

Save yourself the heartache and go buy a new Taprite. I usually find them new on ebay for $40-$45.

I know this is an old post but I know something about regs, that's a welding reg, which means its good. Its a big diaphram regulator, and heavy duty, its worth fixing. It will last your lifetime, and work better than any 60$ reg out there. These run about 120 to 250 new depending.

Seeing this thread pop up revived my interest in this regulator. I think I figured out what it was initially, "2 Stage Regulator for Blood Gas Blood Gas Analyzer".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/141893975966?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Looks like they are going for $80 for used but complete units. Probably worth $15-20 in parts to have as a spare for purging and sanitizing kegs in the basement (main regulator is in use on ground floor).

Back