Cheap Braumeister control panel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bionut

Reaction score
Hi,

i was browsing youtube and watching brewing videos and somehow got to a russian channel that had brewing videos. One of them was this
It seems to me that this guy made a braumeister like control panel with some pretty cheap devices, judging by the aliexpress links in the description at least.

I don't understant anything from what he says and my electrical knowledge is almost zero, so i can't understand the wiring either.

Is here anyone who understand the basic of this project and is able and willing to explain it to us? :mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
When i said Braumeister like i was reffering to having some presets for step mashing with temps and timing. With a PID you need to make each step manually. Probably i will do exactly this, but surly that panel with a LCD screen looks nice.

Check out the Open AdrBir project in the automated brewing section. It started life as a Braumeister control panel clone. They have since added support for a 4-line LCD and other features, but it looks like the code still supports the 2-line Braumeister type control.
You are right, it doesn't take much hardware. A small Arudino, LCD display, 4 push buttons, SSR, a transistor to control a DC pump, and a buzzer (optional).

I will check AdrBir out. But can it be done by an noob like me (electronics wise at least)?
I am in the process of gathering the parts for a electric HERMS system, this might be a good alternative.

Back