Charlottesville Brewery Recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reuliss

Reaction score
Hi folks--Wife and I will be visiting Charlottesville, VA for a weekend trip next month. There are a lot of breweries, so I'm hoping someone out there can help me narrow down this list. We're respectful, but picky. Would really like to visit the best the area has to offer. Can anyone help a brother out?

If you like the traditional wharehouse brewery, Starr Hill. Cool place awesome beers. My favorite is on tap now Reviver red IPA. Bold Rock if you like cider, cool place weird hours. Devil's Backbone is probably the best known, great beers and nice outside setup, inside its just like a restaurant. However if you're at DB, on the road back into town towards Starr Hill you'll pass Bold Roack and Blue Mountain.

Oh man, it's probably 30-45 minutes away, but Brother's Brewing (formerly 3 Brothers) is one of the best breweries in VA. They are located in Harrisonburg VA, and sell/serve stuff in the taproom that doesn't go out for distribution. I've driven over an hour to get there a couple times.

Back