Changing out a SYL2352 with a DSPR 300 wiring question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raysmithtx

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After about 100 brew sessions my SYL2352 stopped working because it got covered in hot sticky wort (don't ask, just know that all my hoses have hose clamps on them now :)) and I am switching to a DSPR300 and I have a few questions regarding the connections.

I think the following is correct but would appreciate someone with more knowledge checking it out before I fire up my system with the new unit.
I have noted the pin changes in CAPS.

SYL2352 Pins
1 to DSPR pin 1
3 to DSPR pin 3 (red RTD connection)
4 to DSPR pin 4 (red RTD connection)
5 to DSPR pin 5 (RTD common, black)
7 to DSPR pin 6 (SSR) NOTE: PIN CHANGE HERE
8 to DSPR 7 (SSR) NOTE: PIN CHANGE HERE
9 to DSPR 9 (240VAC)
10 to DSPR 10 (240 VAC)
13 to DSPR 13 (alarm 2) with jumper to Pin 2 ON DSPR for alarm 1 NOTE: PIN CHANGE HERE
14 to DSPR 14 (alarm2)

Thanks for taking the time to give this a look.

Looks right except for the SSR connections.

Terminal 7 on the 2352 is SSR +. It's the same on the DSP300. SO 7 -> 7. No change.
Terminal 8 on the 2352 is SSR -. On the DSPR300 SSR - is on pin 6. This is where the change in pins is.

Hope this helps.

DSPR300 vs SYL-2351 Pinouts.png

Brew on :mug:

I swear I looked for these types of images and found nothing. Thank you.
The images are from the instruction manuals (.pdf's) for the individual devices. Links to the instruction manuals are usually found near the bottom of the Auber web pages for the particular device.

Brew on :mug:

Back