Changing CO2 tanks between shops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MultumInParvo

Reaction score
So I have a 20# CO2 that is probably still over half full. I am just checking with all of you guys to make sure that I can bring it home with me when I return to Michigan from New York on Wednesday.

Once it runs out in Michigan, will I be able to swap it for a new one? Or do you think they'll turn me down. Losing a 60 buck deposit wouldn't be too good.

Do any of you know?

I don't see how swapping it or getting it refilled in another state would be an issue at all.

Make sure the tank does not have any ownership markings on it. There are some gas suppliers that rent tanks that are stamped with their marks, and other shops cannot take them/exchange. However, they will fill them.

Its written with what looks like permanent marker. No metal stamp though. Thanks, I guess I should be good.

Hydro requirements are DOT, not state. As long as nothing on the bottle identifies it as property of a specific company (like Pepsi), should be fine. I had no problems swapping my California tanks in Oregon and you know how people here feel about California.

Back