Champion juicer grain mill attatchment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idahobrew

Reaction score
Anyone ever used this? I've got a Champion juicer and have just used for juicing but you can get a grain mill attatchment for it which I've never had a use for until now. Looks like around $70-$80 on ebay.

Don't have it, but those things are generally meant for making small amounts of flour for baking, not for crushing 10 pounds of grain to mash.

For another 10-20 bucks more you can get a barley crusher, or a rebel brewer grain mill that you know can handle the volume of grain we use in brewing. A lot of those attachments are made for making cereal, where you might grind a couple of pounds, rather than 10 0r 20 pounds at a time.

Save the champion for juicing, I love that juicer. Thats how I get my watermelon juice well all my juice for my fruit beers. Anyway go with the Rebel Brewer mill it eats through grain like its nothin, really great machine and built to last a lifetime IMO.

I use a Champion with the GrainMaster for wheat and rye flours used in bread.

Champion.jpg

It just fine ground 2.2 pounds of rye in 3 minutes. A course grind (photograph) would be much quicker.

RyeGrain.jpg

I do more than ten pounds regularly when processing whole wheat and never had to delay or stop because of the Champion or the GrainMaster. It's a workhorse. I can't speak to cost as I have been using it for years for flour.

I will try it the next time I order grain for beer.

Back