Central Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snipper_cr

Reaction score
I have been reading and studying a lot about home brewing and after quite sometime, feel like I will be getting my first kit soon. I figured it would be wise to register on a forum where I could read other peoples experiences, get recipes, and if needed, ask for help. I have learned a lot the past few months, watching youtube videos, reading how-tos, and talking with other home brewers. I will be doing extract brewing for some time - all grain brewing seems awesome but right now, way to complicated and easy for a beginner like myself to mess up. The concept of home brewing really attracts me because I've always been a fan of DIY.

I happen to live only a short drive away from a great wine and beer store, Friar Tuck, that sells much home brew supplies. Anyone else in the Central Illinois region knows what I'm talking about.

I look forward to learning more and the day I start my own batch!
(Edited for engrish)

Rocketbrewing, I'm in the Champaign/Urbana area (UofI). I actually live in a western burb of chicago but am down here for school. I've made it out to Peoria a couple of times though.

I grew up in Champaign.

Can I make a suggestion for you. Do not go to Friar Tuck for supplies, a few years ago a buddy of mine and I tried to make beer from thier suppies, did things by the book, and it turned out very bad. Looked at dates things were packaged, and it was over 6 months before we brewed. You are better off going to Northern Brewer. It is a great beer store tho.

There's a couple of us in the area. A homebrew club to. BUZZ

If you need any help, I happen to work at that beer store in town. In fact, I might even know you, considering we both fly...
Now I'm wondering what part timer you are...

Latest posts

Back