Centennial Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mothballs

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a shortage of Centennial? I can't seem to find it anywhere and it is one of my absolute favorite hops to use!

I went to make BM's Centennial Blonde but the LHBS was completely out of that hop. The owner wasn't sure when they would get anymore, but could not confirm a shortage.

Looks like my favorite online supplier is completely out also.

My LHBS was out of them for a while but just got some more in stock.

I am happy because I just harvested some Bell's yeast to do a Two Hearted Ale..An it uses all Centenial.

I heard something similar in my area here, weather caused some odd growing conditions or something. I haven't needed to purchase any recently though so am unsure if it's a challenge or not yet.

My LHBS was out of them as well when I was in there a few weeks ago. He mentioned that they were very hard to get right now.

Last week I ordered a pound of whole centennial from hops direct for about $15! Just brewed a two hearted-ish beer. Cent is definitely one of the most tasty hops.

Back