• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan Catalyst Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I copy and pasted this from morebeer.com

Features:

6.5 Gal capacity
45° Conical angle
Oversized 3" buttefly dump valve
Silicone Gasketed lid for perfect fermenter seal
Uses common mason jars as yeast harvester
All steps on the cold side of brewing in one vessel: Primary, Seconday, Yeast Harvesting, Bottling.
Medical Grade BPA Free conical made of Tritan.
Includes:

6.5 Gallon Tank with Lid
Stand (Base, 2 Legs, 2 Support Beams, 8 Screws)
3” Proprietary Butterfly Valve
Bottling Attachment
Transfer Tubing
Tubing Clamp
Rubber Stopper
16 Oz. Wide Mouth Mason Jar
Allen Wrench

When you dump the trub/yeast into a container that is sealed and attached to the fermenter, I'm assuming it just burps a big glob of air into the fermenter, correct?

No, you open the valve when you start brewing, so the mason jar is filled from the beginning. When the trub falls, you close the valve before you unscrew the jar. No air is added unless you screw on an empty jar and re-open the valve.

No, you open the valve when you start brewing, so the mason jar is filled from the beginning. When the trub falls, you close the valve before you unscrew the jar. No air is added unless you screw on an empty jar and re-open the valve.

Exactly. It's pretty cool. I've been brewing this way for a long time. Check out our old threads about "Super Simple Yeast Harvesting"

When it is all done and settled in the jar, you simply put a plate underneath to catch the drips, close the valve, unscrew the jar and slap on a sanitized jar lid.

Back