Casey East Bank dregs viable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is they don't filter or pasteurize, so there should be viable dregs. That said, I'd probably message them to confirm. I know there's a contact form on their website.

That's kinda what I figured too. I pitched them anyway, but thanks for the reminder to contact Troy.

Cool, be sure to post how it turns out. I'm actually heading to Denver tomorrow. I was planning on doing the tour and tastings at Casey either on the way there or the way back but it's not going to work out this time; timing won't work on the way out and we'll have a dog with us on the way back (no dogs allowed on the tour). They have some pretty amazing beers.

I'm headed to Casey's tomorrow - let me know if you want to send any questions with me.

So, I made the trip up to Glenwood Springs did some fishing and then took the tour at Casey's. The old system of monthly releases has changed. So, if you plan to go you have to get tickets. 3 nice pours (and a bonus pre-release sample!)

The dregs are viable, no pasteurization, no additional yeast added for bottle conditioning. They sometimes have issues with activating and carbing their longer aged beers but they felt you should be fine.

Casey's had a 'the Cut' with merlot grapes that was awesome. Randomly, I had brought a beer up to share with my buddies. It was a Belgian with Merlot wine grapes (not soured) aged on oak - and I mentioned it to Troy and he shared it with us alongside of his beer. Troy is a great guy doing awesome sours.

Back