Cascade Hops in something besides APAs and IPAs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrE_the_Great

Reaction score
I came into a few ounces of cascade hop cones from a friend who grows hops but doesn't yet brew.

I'm not a huge fan of really hop forward beers like APAs and IPAs...can anyone suggest a style that might take well to the use of these hops without being hop dominant?

So far, by my research it seams they work well in American Brown Ales, but I'd like to know of other peoples successes outside the pale ale arena.

I used cascade in my Miller Light recipe. See the recipe pull-down. After mowing the grass its pretty brisk and chuggable.:rockin:

I threw it into a Belgian Single this year with Cluster for bittering. It was good. Honestly even if it is not appropriate to put into a beer who cares what you use it for.

Brew with it, enjoy it, share it.

Really? Isn't cascade an American hop?

Yes, American hops are typical in British Golden Ales. There are some with non-American hops but they have fairly fruity alternatives (like Brewers Gold or Mandarina Bavaria).

Cascade is the number one commercially used hop, so it can go into a lot.

I have 5lb of cascade in the freezer. 2lb 3.3oz off the plant this season the rest from last season. Some guy off Craig's list gave them to me.

I'm planning on dry hopping cider with some of it. Then I'll be making a on of pale ales and hopefully trade some for other types.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to sub them into an American Wheat recipe I've made before, that sounds great this time. I assume I'll have more next year again so good things to know.

Thanks!

U could use them in a sasion as late additions or even to cider or graff. Its a good hop just keep it out of ris

One of the best beers I ever made was a 1.054 German style Pilsner with cascade only at 60min (3oz for 10G)

Cascade as a dry hop gives amazing aroma. I usually only dry hop for 48-72 hours. My favorite hop for dry-hopping...

Latest posts

Back