Carolina girl stuck in Texas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergirl14

Reaction score
I've been a creeper on this forum for awhile now so I decided to finally say hey! I personally haven't brewed anything solo as of yet but I'm ready to get started! I've helped a friend of mine with a few batches mostly just as a sampler! I prefer IPA's but will drink most anything! I ❤️Beer! Cheers!

Come back to Carolina and I'll show you.
Not creepy because I'm female and I don't swing that way.

Maybe look for local home brew clubs to join and see how that suits you. Time to go solo girl!

Thanks guys! I do need to come back home I'm from Asheville where there are soooo many awesome brewery's but I'm stuck here at "the great place"

Oh you poor thing, they don't know nuthin' about proper BBQ in Texas. Is that why you started drinking IPA's, because you are so sad the pull'd pork sanwiches don't come with 'slaw? I hear women comment that other women are pretty, all the time. You may be straight, but you did look. Didn't you?

Oh you poor thing, they don't know nuthin' about proper BBQ in Texas. Is that why you started drinking IPA's, because you are so sad the pull'd pork sanwiches don't come with 'slaw? I hear women comment that other women are pretty, all the time. You may be straight, but you did look. Didn't you?

we don't like pork in Texas, boy. why serve pork when you have beef? and you're talking about "slaw" and you're from nevada? not sure what kind of penicillin will cure THAT "slaw". here in texas you can get the best barbeque, not "bbq, barbie, or 'cue". if you want "pulled pork", that's tmi. enjoy, but don't tell us about it. that's a don't ask, don't tell situation

I've been a creeper on this forum for awhile now so I decided to finally say hey! I personally haven't brewed anything solo as of yet but I'm ready to get started! I've helped a friend of mine with a few batches mostly just as a sampler! I prefer IPA's but will drink most anything! I ❤️Beer! Cheers!

Did somebody replace your "." button with a "!" or are you just that excited to join this forum? I know....This forum is amazing! I love it too! So happy to have you! Welcome!

No creep intended, but Texas isn't like some of the more eastward states---kind of a large landmass. So, generally, in what part of the state are you "stuck"? Austin area, Houston area, San Antonio area, or Dallas area (staying metro with those options since most people don't relocate to Midland/Odessa). I'm in none of those areas, but have lived in or have friends in most of them.

"In my mind I'm gone to Carolina." A little James Taylor for you. Welcome to the forum a lot of good folks around these parts. Wow, that sounded extremely southern.

If you are from Texas, BEEF is what's for dinner. But, if you are beergirl14, you might be missing that Carolina style sauce, and little bit of pork too.

Of course I do love some barbecue with ketchup based sauce, coleslaw made with dukes mayo and with some hush puppies on the side but you can't go wrong with a big juicy steak either!

The "like" on your post was creepy of me, after the fact. @HELLO

:D

Grog's Rules for Food

#3 – it’s Carolina-style for pulled pork, Texas for brisket, Memphis for chicken and Kansas City for ribs

welcome to the obsession, Beer Girl

Bereaved brewery has awesome IPAs! I totally second your recommendation!

Ok ok Texas is growing on me kinda like a wart but it's growing on me. I'm just extra homesick this time of year.

I love explanation points I'm a loud talker so I feel the need to put them at the end of my sentences! Just one of my many annoying quirks!

It's Kansas City for bbq...fixed it for you. :ban:

Now that I've probably started a war somewhere I'm going back to work. My job to stir the pot is done.

Grog's Rules for Food

#3 – it’s Carolina-style for pulled pork, Texas for brisket, Memphis for chicken and Kansas City for ribs

welcome to the obsession, Beer Girl

It's Kansas City for bbq...fixed it for you.

for bbq ribs, yes, you are correct.

however, ketchup doesn't belong on chicken, nowhere near a brisket and it takes a rear-facing backseat in a Vista Cruiser to apple cider vinegar on pulled pork.

which brings us to another of Grog's Rules for Food

#4 – Ketchup is for potatoes, except for mashed or baked

That's just common logic it's sad that we feel it actually has to be said out loud! Let a person get in the way though they will learn quick to move it or loose it!

The good news is you are only an hour to hour and a half from Austin... and the breweries there hang with any area in the states!

Live Oak
Hops and Grain
Jester King

are my favorites from there.... Jester King of course rules Texas for sours.... Hops and Grain makes some great IPA's.... and Live Oak does traditional styles as well as anyone.... 512 Pecan Porter and Cascabel Stout are both so good.

rule #1 was just the first one I came up with and written back when I was 1/2 the size I was when I got to #5

Grog's Rules for Food

#1 – NO FOOD in my food. which means leave out the BERRIES, NUTS and TWIGS
came about when I was in the Navy and they would put crap in food which didn't belong there. Like pineapple in pancakes. stealthy little effers, being the exact same color they're camouflaged in a pancake, so you don't know they're there until you bite in. nasty

& I couldn't get a bowl of corn without green peppers. Corn O'Brien, they called it. like putting peppers in corn makes it Irish? WTF?

Fridays was always fish for lunch, either fried or baked. and either oyster stew or clam chowder. now, I love me some clam chowder, especially when Cookie makes it from scratch, but canned isn't so bad. One Friday going thru chowline and I ask if it's homemade, Cookie says it is. So I take a bowl, sit down, take a spoonful and, WTF? GREEN PEPPERS? in NEW ENGLAND style CLAM CHOWDER?

haven't eaten a green pepper since.

for bbq ribs, yes, you are correct.

however, ketchup doesn't belong on chicken, nowhere near a brisket and it takes a rear-facing backseat in a Vista Cruiser to apple cider vinegar on pulled pork.

which brings us to another of Grog's Rules for Food

#4 – Ketchup is for potatoes, except for mashed or baked

I was mainly kidding by spreading hate and malcontent. ;)

I can't say I've had much bbq sauce that wasn't ketchup based. There's a bbq place here that is vinegar based. Ate there once and never looked back. So while they may be your rules they aren't the rules. :mug:

Back