Caribou Slobber Extract Kit Modification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juzdon

Reaction score
I original picked up the one gallon kit from Northern Brewer to try my hand. I brewed Caribou Slobber. I really liked it but found it to be a little sweet and I am hop head.

So, with my recent upgrade to the 5 gallon kit, I am brewing Caribou Slobber again but have added 2 oz of UK Fuggle hops to the mix. 1 ounce added at the beginning for 45 minutes and the other ounce at the last 10 minutes.

now I am getting nervous... did I over do it?

Also, I am wondering how the carbonation will turn out this time. In the one gallon kit, I got about 8 bottles. 2 weeks conditioning in the bottle and only about half carbonated. i'm hoping it was the fiz drops NB provided with the kit and i'll have better luck with priming sugar.

it's only been two days in the primary and it fermented like crazy but now has really slowed. I think i'll give it at least another week before 2 weeks in the secondary and then bottle.

fingers crossed!

2 full ounces of bittering and flavor is marginally high but the hop is low in alpha scids so it should be fine. That being said, I made the all gran version not that long ago and found it to be an almost perfectly balanced session beer. A little more hop aroma I could get but more bittering would not add anything for me.

Next time pick an ESB kit. Many of the same qualities as the American Brown ale but with more hops.

Back