Carboy Stand/Dryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pullapint

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Since I've started using carboys for fermenting, I've had problems drying them after cleaning them. I would usually just lean them against something, upside down. Then I saw the carboy drying stands on Amazon but $13 for a piece of plastic I've always put off buying them. Well I think I've come up with a solution that fits my needs. I took an empty plastic coffee can and cut out spaces on the sides for air flow and I sit my carboy on top. Any water that drains out falls into the bottom of the coffee can. I don't know how well they stack like the ones on Amazon but very rarely am I washing more than one at at time anyway. Also, I use Better Bottles but my stand is pretty sturdy as long as you're not stacking glass carboys, I think it'll work fine.

2013-05-25 16.53.32.jpg

2013-05-25 16.53.57.jpg

drill a small hole(vent) and don't make the big cutouts and folgers containers work great for glass carboys too.

drill a small hole(vent) and don't make the big cutouts and folgers containers work great for glass carboys too.

I have plenty of containers, only two of the blue plastic things, and 13 carboys. I think I'm going to try this. Though, I hardly ever have more than a couple carboys drying at any one time.

Back