carbonation question/issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyFisherman

Reaction score
So I have a batch that has been very stubborn about being carbonated but now that it appears to have finally happened all the carbonation comes out right after opening the bottle or pouring it into the glass. When I pop the cap it comes bubbling up and over flows and if I pour it into a glass it will get a nice little head for the first couple seconds but then all fizzing/bubbling seems to stop.

Anyone know what seems to be happening? Do I need to give it even more time?

Are you saying you have gushers when you open the bottles? If so, that probably means fermentation wasn't complete when you bottled.

hows it tast, gushers can be infections or to much priming sugar maby.

That happened to me alot when I bottled and everyone told me it was due to infection. Looking back it turns out I was not fermenting all the way and not reaching my final gravity. I think when I added the simple sugars it woke up what ever yeast was left and it started fermenting again.

hows it tast, gushers can be infections or to much priming sugar maby.

It was suppose to be a holiday brew and it has apples and spices in it, it tastes ok to me but being that this is the first time I've ever brewed anything like this I've got nothing to compare it to

That happened to me alot when I bottled and everyone told me it was due to infection. Looking back it turns out I was not fermenting all the way and not reaching my final gravity. I think when I added the simple sugars it woke up what ever yeast was left and it started fermenting again.

I guess that could be what's going on ,i just figured with the amount of fermentation time I allowed that it should be finished

Back