Carbonation for a Saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstar26t

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
Reaction score
How many volumes of CO2 does Saison Dupont Vieille Provision have? I'd like my bottled Saison to come out with similar carbonation.

I know this is an old thread, but this would be a good thing to know. 3.7 sounds high to me, but I would have no way of knowing without measuring or hearing it from the brewery. Dupont does seem to be on the high side of the carbonation scale.

I put 243 grams of corn sugar in a full sixtel (5.16 gal) and then bottled immediately. Beer temp was 65F. It fermented at 85F for a few weeks and then I let it cool naturally to 65 for 2 weeks. I assumed CO2 in solution @ 65F which would get me 4 vols for that corn sugar dose. Came out great, maybe slightly more carb than Saison Dupont but not overly so. Awesome head on that beer since it had 15% malted rye and 5% each of malted spelt, malted wheat and flaked oats. It won first place for Saisons in this year's War of the Worts.

results

Back