carbonation based on days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dblott1

Reaction score
i have searched everywhere (well not everywhere or i would have found it). but i am looking for a carbination calculator based on days. i want to be able to say 30psi at 38 degrees for 2.6 volumes and have it tell me how many days (or hours preferably). has anyone heard of this. usually i chill my beer, turn on the co2 @ 30 psi and between 1 1/2 to 2 days i am golden, wonderfully carbed beer. thanks for the help

thanks alot.....i've seen that chart before but in doesnt give you the result in days......i always let me beer sit 7 days in seconday at 38 degrees, filter and then carb. so im looking for something to tell me how many hours at 30 psi, 38 degrees to get 2.6 volumes

Isn't the speed that it absorbs going to be dependent on the gravity of the beer and other factors other than just temp, pressure and time? I know eventually it will always reach equilibrium based on temp/pressure but a time chart is going to be at best an estimation.

So I think the answer is it depends on the beer you are carbonating. Have patience, set it and forget it for 2 weeks if you want the exact control of the carbonation level.

usually i chill my beer, turn on the co2 @ 30 psi and between 1 1/2 to 2 days i am golden, wonderfully carbed beer. thanks for the help

If that works for you, why change?

No such chart exists, btw. Set it and forget it takes between 2-3 weeks, that's as close as you're gonna get.

_

im always just guessing on when the levels of carb would be right. lots of checking to see if it looks right in a glass. i just thought it would be nice to have a formula that could tell me exactly how long it would take to carb......i might be asking the impossible

im always just guessing on when the levels of carb would be right. lots of checking to see if it looks right in a glass. i just thought it would be nice to have a formula that could tell me exactly how long it would take to carb......i might be asking the impossible

If you want to know the exact carb level you need to set the psi based on the carbonation desired(volumes of C02) and beer temp. Wait 2-3 weeks and it's perfectly carbed.

_

Back