Carbonating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerp4

Reaction score
Question. I realize I can't pour from my corny if its on its side, but can I carb it on its side?

I can't see any reason it wouldn't carbonate just fine even laying on its side.

The risk is beer running out the gas dip tube and hitting the regulator. Bad juju. Once you've put pressure on the keg, definitely do not reduce the gas pressure before setting it upright!

A back-flow preventing check valve in the gas line may prevent all that, but I've seen those fail, too...

Cheers!

The risk is beer running out the gas dip tube and hitting the regulator. Bad juju. Once you've put pressure on the keg, definitely do not reduce the gas pressure before setting it upright!

A back-flow preventing check valve in the gas line may prevent all that, but I've seen those fail, too...

Cheers!

This would be a problem. Also make sure part of your gas line is above the beer level or beer will fill the gas line even if the pressure is constant.

Back