Carb drops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiefsbrew1

Reaction score
Anybody use these I've been thinking about it it would be easier for me... If so how many would you put in 1 liter bottles (2,3)

Coopers is one of the companies that make carb drops. They are meant to be placed in bottles for bottle conditioning according to your desired carb levels. Their recommendation is 1 drop per 345-375ml bottle or 2 drops per 740-750ml bottle.

I hope you realize they are simply sugar pressed into a shape that will fit through the neck of a bottle. Most brewers I know do bulk priming. Dissolve the desired amount of sugar for a 5 gallon batch (1-5 oz corn is what I used to use) in 2 cups water. Boil, cool and pour into the bottom of the bottling bucket. Rack beer quietly over solution, stir gently with a sanitized spoon, then bottle as usual. There are many potential sources of prining sugar in addition to corn sugar. Here is a calculsator that can be used to determine the amount of priming solution based on the desired carb level. http://www.tastybrew.com/calculators/priming.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back