Can't drink beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacoBrew

Reaction score
I had one of my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday and I was told not to drink beer for a week. Sigh...

What was the dentists explanation for the restriction? Amusing you asked, I know I would have.

Combination of many things, but primarily because I'm taking Lortab and alcohol can thin the blood, deterring clot formation. Had I remembered that today was Mardi Gras, I would have rescheduled the extraction for Thursday :)

I too was disallowed from drinking when my wisdom tooth was popped out. This was offset quite a bit by the Vicadin Rx I was written.

I've always heard beer. My grandpa had it on and off over the years and I remember he had to stop drinking beer. I think it was something the yeast makes.

I should read up on it. My friend is now drinking tart cherry juice and I think taking a prescription drug to help it. He's had it since new years.

My future f-i-l has it too, he always opts for white wine or bourbon bc of it, so I think the beer point is moot in his case. I know he bemoans the inability to drink red though...

Homer, assuming he's cut down on his deli meats and preservatives. I've heard that can also flare up some gout.

Homer, assuming he's cut down on his deli meats and preservatives. I've heard that can also flare up some gout.

I don't know what his diet is. I'm assuming he's done a bunch of reading online. He's more of a self healer due in part to not having much money and insurance to see a doctor, and believing that people should take care of themselves first and see a doctor after they can't help themselves.

He got a Vicodin script, but complained about the side effects. Apparently it wasn't even effective in treating his pain. The Ibuprofin he took later seemed to work great though, as he was able to get up and walk around the kitchen when before he had to have help getting in and out of the car.

It's only a week. I was how many months after my surgery? 3?

1 week... pshaw. I could do that easy.

But I won't.

Back