Canadion Blonde bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowman159

Reaction score
Hi All, can anyone give me heads up as to how long to leave my first brew of Canadian Blonde from Coopers fermenting. The airlock has slowed down, but I want to leave it to settle a bit longer, just wondering how that will make the beer?
It's sitting at 20deg C for the last week. Don't want to rush it but get it right and have a good first time brew.

Cheers :mug:

Bowman159

Leave it for 2 wks and then check gravity. Check again 2 days later and if the same then bottle and leave it for 3 wks at 70 degrees to carb and condition.

I leave all my beers for three weeks before bottling and bottle condition for at least 3 weeks at 20dC.

I've done the Cooper's Canadian Blonde several times* since I started brewing less than 2 years ago. I've always done it according to the schedule above and the beer turns out pretty good.

* I always add 500g of DME and 700g of dextrose when making this up. I do the full 23 litre batch and I bulk prime with 180g of dextrose. Gets about 4.75-5% ABV.

just check the Gravity, still a bit high 1013 taking forever!!!

Temp is a bit low 20 deg any clues. think i will give it another couple of days.

Bowman

My fermentation has stuck. what's the best solution. have put a heater in the area to try and boost the temp slowly.

See it's not always 1-8 20deg here in Sunny swept Glasgow! :)

Bowman.

Probably not stuck. Most likely it is done.
What kind if yeast?
How many weeks total fermenting?
OG??

If OG was 1.045 ish and it is down to 1.013, that sounds about right.

To repeat.... Stable gravity is the only true indication. If it stays at 1.013 for a couple of days, then bottle it and be done.

Well the first brewed Canadian blonde is done and sampled and very nice it is. I'm going to leave it for a while but the one I had at the weekend was nice. Did a temp trial to see what temp works best for carbonation an head retention. On second brew Hammer of Thir and it's looking good.

image-3271063542.jpg

Latest posts

Back