Can these be refilled?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyj

Reaction score
My brother and I just put away a mini keg of New Castle Brown Ale. Does anyone know if these kegs can be refilled? There is a picture below if you don't know what I'm talking about.

image-3988253954.jpg

I know the coors homedraft systems can, but if these ones can. I'd much rather use them.

I think the big issue is those have an internal CO2 cart that can not be replaced, same for Heineken. (They are all a little different.) The mini-kegs that have That have the pull out spout on the bottom and a tab on the top (usually red) can be reused.

The biggest issue is these are made of steel/tin and will rust. There is also a a bag inside that once compromised makes it unrefillable. Midwest sells new ones and it seems to be 5-11 refills before failure.

If you can't replace the co2 cart, then maybe it would be able to be used for real ale? I assume it could handle the conditioning.

Back