Can someone suggest a good orange mead recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc5066

Reaction score
I really like the JAOM recipe. I'm looking for another orang mead recipe. Can anyone suggest another recipe?

Depends--are you after orange, or ORANGE mead? Either way, your options are to use the peel and juice of how ever many oranges in a base traditional recipe; or (my preference), use orange juice rather than water in the mead, as per this recipe.
I would let it sit quite a bit longer to fully clear though--it takes a while for all the sediment to fall out of the OJ.

Brann_mac_Finnchad said:
Depends--are you after orange, or ORANGE mead? Either way, your options are to use the peel and juice of how ever many oranges in a base traditional recipe; or (my preference), use orange juice rather than water in the mead, as per this recipe.
I would let it sit quite a bit longer to fully clear though--it takes a while for all the sediment to fall out of the OJ.

That does sound good. Think ill have to give it a try.

Use the same base recipe but use a different type of orange. I think blood oranges would be tasty. I bet a mix of orange and grapefruit could be good too.

Fathand said:
Use the same base recipe but use a different type of orange. I think blood oranges would be tasty. I bet a mix of orange and grapefruit could be good too.

Good idea.

Back