Can it sit a day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjf474

Reaction score
First kettle sour. I am brewing this with a friend. We soured with OYL-605 lacto blend. The mash was at 5.75 ph when we pitched. I waited two days and checked ph again. It was 3.4 last night and had a strong sour aroma, so I brought it to a boil to kill the lacto and stop the souring. But it was very late at night (made the mistake of not checking much earlier) so after bringing it to a boil, I then cooled it back down to about 95 and put plastic wrap over it again, and put the lid on. So it's currently sitting at about 68 F in the kettle. I am supposed to finish the brew with my friend, but of course now he says he can't make it tonight, but can tomorrow.

Can we let this wort sit another day and finish the regular boil, hopping, etc tomorrow night? ( I assume so because bringing to a boil again will kill anything that may have gotten in there.) Have I already caused a problem by bringing to a boil, only to boil again once we can follow through with the process?

Thanks in advance!
Matt

Back