Can i use this Dextrose ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just switch dextrose (corn sugar) with table sugar. If you are using it for something like priming, use 20% less table sugar than you would have used dextrose. Table sugar has 25% more fermentable sugars than dextrose, so if you swap it 1 for 1 with dextrose for priming you will end up with higher carbonation in the bottle.

I always use table sugar for priming. It's cheaper, more readily available, and produces the same result.

@jtratcliff
@Calder

thanks . i use beer kit all the time and they ask to add Dextrose to boost ABV . for priming i already have a ton of Carbonation Drops .

for me the price is great . if i would buy from ebay the shipping alone cost 200$ via DHL and that's for 10K Dextrose alone

@jtratcliff
@Calder

thanks . i use beer kit all the time and they ask to add Dextrose to boost ABV . for priming i already have a ton of Carbonation Drops .

for me the price is great . if i would buy from ebay the shipping alone cost 200$ via DHL and that's for 10K Dextrose alone

YOu can buy and use regular sugar, the same as for cooking without any problems at all.

YOu can buy and use regular sugar, the same as for cooking without any problems at all.

thanks . that's will be great as this could save me a lot of time and money . i will try this time with regular sugar . the good thing is that i already have few bottle i brew before from the same kit and i used Dextrose . this will allow me to compare both and see how it goes

Back