Can i turn a mini fridge into a jockey box.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cncquinn

Reaction score
Since the weather is turning to crap here in sconsin. I have a kegerator in the garage, when it gets snowy and freaking cold soon, I don't want to go outside to the garage and get a beer. I have a mini fridge that I'm not using and was wondering if I could put some copper coil inside and keep the keg and c02 outside the fridge. Would this work, how much tubing would I need. I wouldn't be using this for parties or anything. Just for when I get home from work and just need a pint to relax. Has anyone tried this?

Why don't you just turn the mini fridge into a kegerator? If you want it to function like a jockey box the coil would have to sit in a bucket full of ice in the fridge, or the whole fridge would have to be the same temperature as a cooler full of ice. maybe i'm wrong?

Might want to research why it's not a great idea to use copper for your coil. :mug: but your idea is sound otherwise. Just have the coil sit in a bucket of water.

Well the keg won't fit in the mini fridge, can't run a line from the garage to the house. I have a detached garage that has no insulation ( off subject, would my beer freeze if I had it in the fridge during the icy cold winters) and I'll do research on the copper

Latest posts

Back