Can I save my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnwolfe04

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I bought a recipe from my lhbs and the guy accidentally messed up the grain count so now the beer taste really watery. It's a whole 5 gallon batch that is already chilled in my kegerator. Is there anything I can do to make it better? I would hate to throw it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

They were converting one of there extract kits to all grain and did the equation wrong I guess. They didn't give me enough grain.

Yeah I worked it out with them but i still don't wanna pour 5 gallons of beer down the drain if I can save it lol

Boilermakers??? I dunno, if it's in the keg I think you have done all you can. BTW - is the Stumpknocker a clone? Recipe from Swamp Head or from the lhbs?

Boilermakers??? I dunno, if it's in the keg I think you have done all you can. BTW - is the Stumpknocker a clone? Recipe from Swamp Head or from the lhbs?

The recipe is the same recipe swamp head uses. I got it from the head brew guy I swamp head I believe.

if the beer is lacking body/is watery then you can always try adding some maltodextrin. I had some success using this in my first parti-gyle attempt. There are a few good threads around that discuss how much to use (dont remember off the top of my head).

you could add DME and ferment more... no way I can think of to really concentrate it.

Maybe try brewing the same recipe again, but this time make it too heavy (intentionally, by using extra grain and mashing at a higher temp), and then blend the two batches.

Kind of a lot of work to save a failed beer, but if you do it right you might end up with 10 gallons of good beer.

Latest posts

Back