Can I open a carbonated keg in the fridge to dry hop??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbuck

Reaction score
Question is in the title, can I open a carbonated keg which is in my fridge and dry hop it? or my beer will lose the gaz?

you could i guess.
you will lose carbonation and the CO2 in the keg. Also I would be concerned about contamination. I think a better option would be to check the DIY forum for plans for an inline hop back or filter you could put inline between your keg and your faucet

turn off the gas release the pressure dry hop put the lid back on crank up the psi to reseat the lid then lower the pressure to serving temp.
you will not loose carbonation just by doing that

turn off the gas release the pressure dry hop put the lid back on crank up the psi to reseat the lid then lower the pressure to serving temp.
you will not loose carbonation just by doing that

Agreed. I've done this a few times now with great results. Go for it!

what i usually do is put the hops in a muslin bag, tie a length of (unflavored) dental floss around the knot in the bag, and then tie that off to one of the handles on the keg. then close her up...the floss is so thin it won't mess up the seal and then you can take the hops out when/if you want.

i've done this after deciding that a beer was not hoppy enough, that had already been on tap, a couple of times...you're beer will be fine and it will work great.

Back