Can i bottle ?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey87123

Reaction score
I all ,

I need some advice please, I have had my first batch of cider on the go for just over 3 weeks and want to drink it next Friday at my party, I raked it from the primary 6 days ago and it looks reasonably clear.

image-2326415726.jpg

I am planning to prime the bottles with sugar !

Id say check the gravity over the next couple days if its the same then yes your ready to bottle and condition. Checking the gravity is a main way to determine if its ready for the next step in the process hope it turns out for you.

neo71665 said:
4 week old cider isn't gonna be very good.
I disagree. I fermented one down to 1.020 using Nottingham and it was great. Sweet and great.

Thanks allot for the help, I will check gravity and see how it taste.

I will keep u posted thanks again for the help

Well I popped it open and the gravity was the same from when I last looked so I decide to try some and I can confirm it was amazing, I am very exerted to see what it is like with 1 more week and carbonated

I feel like i see a lot of variance on the amount of time everyone reccommends for primary, (secondary if batch conditioning) and bottling. Is there a thread that covers the important points.

One thing I always heard was that a week conditioning in the carboy is worth more than a week conditioning in the bottle (due to the carbonation process I am guessing). Any thoughts/comments guys?

Ive done 5 day ferms and its turned out fine. I backsweeten my ciders with frozen apple juice concentrate, add it to my final container before bottling, then it carbs in the bottle. Make sure after it carbs up to where you like it (4-5 days dependent on temp in bottles) place bottles in the fridge to prevent bottle bombs.

So in theory how long could I leave my bottles before drinking ? On the condition that they are cold enough ?

Are you talking after they carb? Im not exactly sure but ive heard a few months. That was coming from a guy that works at a microbrewery.

Back