Can I add lemongrass to the keg??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph524

Reaction score
Hello
Well I brewed a sorachi ace IPA and after all said and done I have the well known dill taste in the beer. I wanted lemongrass so I was wondering if I could add it to the keg now as a would a dry hop? Any ideas on the best method. I cut a lemon wedge last night a put in the beer and was very good then.

Thanks

I'd cut up some lemon grass, put it in a nylon bag, and simmer it in water at 180 deg F for 5 minutes (to sanitize), cool it, and drop in your keg. Let that sit for a few days, and see where you're flavor is at. If you're not happy with where the beer is at now, there is not much to loose.

I don't mind the dill taste and the beer is good. Just want more lemon flavor and aroma. Pour the tea made by boiling also?

You can add the tea, but I generally don't. I'd boil it real quick to de-aerate it. Usually I just add more lemon grass (or whatever) to make up for some lost flavor.

Latest posts

Back