Can Gingerale go bad?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photopilot

Reaction score
I have a batch of Gingerale I made maybe 3 months ago. Soon after my keezer died and it was unrefrigerated for a while. I rechilled it and was trying to bottle it but it is no longer sweet and may have an off flavor.

Should i still bottle it and see what it comes out like or dump it?

It was always pressurized and carbonated. I have done this with beer before and it never suffered greatly from this but wondering if the Gingerale went bad.

Its been a while since i tried it. It was pretty gingery and lemon limey and some sweetness. It taste like the sweetness fell out and all I am getting is the harshness of ginger with some citrus flavors. I will be using for dark and stormy cocktails so can add some sweetness to the lime juice as long as I am not facing a danger from drinking spoiled gingerale.

I took the gingerale out of the fridge poured it into a cup and added a bit of agave nectar and it tasted normal. My guess is the sugar fermented out when the keg got warm.

I bottled it and will be adding some simple syrup to the drinks I make with it. will let you know if i think of it.

Back