Camping beer suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natural

Reaction score
Hey,

The wife and I are going camping and I have never had success transporting kegs. They get extremely disturbed and just pour foam so i'm thinking of making a batch and bottle conditioning it.

Looking for something nice and easy, any suggestions?

Kegs work fine for me to transport. How do you transport?

I keep a couple beers in my jockey box. I drink those while setting up the kegs and tents. Usually pours fine by that time.

Regarding beer, what ever you like to deink.

For camping, I use a 2.5G keg with a paintball CO2 canister on a regulator, kept in a cooler with wheels and a handle. I drilled a hole in the cooler for a cheap tap. Works great.

E17FB84F-2F27-435E-BCCE-11E3362C2A9C.jpeg

There was a recent camping beer thread. It got rolling a little and, i know its a little weird, but i thought it would be cool if we all posted camping beer pics. Anyways that thread has some good thoughts on it.

I use a kegerator made from a garbage can filled with ice. Yeah takes a few hrs for kegs to settle down after they are iced. Don’t know if purging might help before transport.

I use a kegerator made from a garbage can filled with ice. Yeah takes a few hrs for kegs to settle down after they are iced. Don’t know if purging might help before transport.
maybe that was my issue. When I had done it, I just threw the 5 gallon keg in the back of my car and drove for 4 hours. I didn't purge any excess headspace which may have helped. I just assumed I ruined it back then. I had recently overcarbonated a beer by trying to force carb it and just shut the gas off purging the excess over 24 hours and that settled everything back down nicely for me.

Latest posts

Back