Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iron Maiden ~

Sooooooo good! I haven't seen them in years (last time they were in Charlotte they played all of Seventh Son). The songs off Book of Souls fit right in with their older material. Even though the members are in their 60's, they would put most modern bands to shame. I mean, Bruce runs around like a frickin' mad man.

Plus, the new Mayan theme (off Book of Souls) is awesome. The whole stage set up is pretty amazing and very involved.

Needless to say, if this band comes to your town. Go! It is not some nostalgia act playing a complete setlist of songs from 1975.

Here is the setlist they are playing on this tour if interested:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2017/pnc-music-pavilion-charlotte-nc-7be76628.html

Iron Maiden ~

Sooooooo good! I haven't seen them in years (last time they were in Charlotte they played all of Seventh Son). The songs off Book of Souls fit right in with their older material. Even though the members are in their 60's, they would put most modern bands to shame. I mean, Bruce runs around like a frickin' mad man.

Plus, the new Mayan theme (off Book of Souls) is awesome. The whole stage set up is pretty amazing and very involved.

Needless to say, if this band comes to your town. Go! It is not some nostalgia act playing a complete setlist of songs from 1975.

Here is the setlist they are playing on this tour if interested:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2017/pnc-music-pavilion-charlotte-nc-7be76628.html

sadly, the closest they will come to me would likely be at least 400 km away...the problem with not living in southern finland any more....

Dude, you GOT to hear this!

If I were asked about the makings of Crimfall I`d say add half of Nightwish, one Eluveitie, a generous pour of Epica, blend and garnish with Wintersun.

Symphonic, epic, storytelling, moodsetting... I don`t even remember when, if ever, I`ve been nailed to the seat to listen through an entire album only to rise up for a refill of beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Living in Finland, you soon get used to the "everyone knows everyone somehow" principle.

My wife, for example, went to school with tapio wilska.

And quite unsurprisingly some names like Timo Kotipelto and Tony Kakko are told to be friends etc. Oh and I'm supposed to be related to this Lauri Törni guy :D know Apulanta? Was funny watching the movie knowing most of the filming locations.

Daym this Amain album is good, listening to it while cleaning the garage for a packed up brew weekend.

Savonlinna is actually one of the cities in Finland I've never visited, hoping to fix that next summer by bike, would be nice to meet!

And quite unsurprisingly some names like Timo Kotipelto and Tony Kakko are told to be friends etc. Oh and I'm supposed to be related to this Lauri Törni guy :D know Apulanta? Was funny watching the movie knowing most of the filming locations.

Daym this Amain album is good, listening to it while cleaning the garage for a packed up brew weekend.

Savonlinna is actually one of the cities in Finland I've never visited, hoping to fix that next summer by bike, would be nice to meet!

you're welcome to come taste a beer or 2 :mug:

xlarge-130380870785.jpg

Went to a rather different kind of a Christmas concert last night with the wifey. I don't normally care much about Christmas carols but if they're being performed with double neck SG:s, massive guitar walls, huge pyrotechnics and sang by a group of frontline Finnish metal singers like Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica) Floor Jansen & Marco Hietala (Nightwish) and J.P. Leppäluoto (Charon, Northern Kings, Harmaja) then heck yea count me in! My ears rang the entire night when we got home as I didn't figure out woulda been a good idea to get some ear plugs with me. But anyhow had a really good time, we left during the last encore so we could sneak out before the massive traffic jam.

Iron maiden
Megadeth
Annihilator
Death
Slayer
Metallica
Exodus
The Sword
Black Sabbath
Pentagram
Ozzy
Dio

just to name a few

I'm sort of dissapointed in "Khram", it's to much the same, the constant guitar drone is getting boring after 3-4 songs.

I wish it was closer to "goi, rode, goi" or "slovo"

Back