California beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonianBrewer

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this. But I am looking for a place to buy craft beer in Brentwood Los Angeles area as I will be visiting there in November and would like to pick up some west coast only brews to bring back east with me

The Wine House is pretty close to where you'll be. Also, Wally's Wine and Spirits is near by. Finally, the Beverage Warehouse in Marina Del Ray has a huge selection. All three carry some hard to get beers like Pliny from time to time.

Wally's will prob have the most diversity in rarer beers

Whole Food's usually has a pretty good selection of local stuff as well

Does trader joes around there carry anything exciting ?

Depends on what excites you. Their house beers are generally made by a west coast brewery on contract. IE, the Mission St. Pale is made by Firestone Walker. But for special beers you want to take home? Whole Foods is a way better bet, and those other bottle shops mentioned are worth driving too.

So these are the best places ? I will be there tomorrow and only have a short window to hit a package store

Them's the places-you got good advice. No guarantee that any particular beer you're looking for will be there, and if Enjoy by is on your list, it's already sold out around here, so keep the expectations in check....but those are you best bets.

Back