cabin fever brewing, gallon brews with leftovers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowdy

Reaction score
Just moved into a new house havent unpacked too much yet. dont have the room to setup my full rig yet, plus swmbo would kill me. i do however have my smaller batch stuff available to use. a couple 2 gallon fermenters, like 8 or 9 one gallon carboys. and some ingredients on hand.

would like to play with a couple one gallon batches.
what i have on hand
8lb munich
2lb10oz of crystal 40
2lb4oz of wheat malt
.5 rye
and some cascade pellets
i also have
brown sugar
honey
cinnamon sticks
and raisins

any recipe suggestions.

and yes i know "1 gallon is small" "same time and effort" "brew atleast 3 gallons" etc and so on.

These multiple 1 gallon batches offer a great opportunity to experiment. Why not divvy up your base grain and some of your crystal into as many identical batches as possible and then have one control, one honey, one brown sugar, one cinnamon and raisin, one rye, one wild ferment, etc.?

Why not divvy up your base grain and some of your crystal into as many identical batches as possible and then have one control, one honey, one brown sugar, one cinnamon and raisin, one rye, one wild ferment, etc.?

+1 exactly what I would do. :ban:

I think Ace_Club nailed it. Great chance to get an idea of how the different adjuncts change the beer.

These multiple 1 gallon batches offer a great opportunity to experiment. Why not divvy up your base grain and some of your crystal into as many identical batches as possible and then have one control, one honey, one brown sugar, one cinnamon and raisin, one rye, one wild ferment, etc.?

you sir are right onto something there

how many batches should i do with the given lbs of grain?

Back