C02 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steel is less money. Aluminum is lighter, easier to carry, and I think has a longer certification time. The weight difference is more important on larger tanks.

If you buy an aluminum tank it's a good idea to have a supplier that fills rather than exchanges.

Don't quote me because I'm not sure, but in my old paintball days I know aluminum tanks were larger because they couldn't handle the same pressure. For instance, my 7oz aluminum tank was the size if a 9oz steel tank. Got filled wrong and blew the burst disk once.

Might affect whether it will fit in your kegerator or keezer. Check dimensions.

I've got a two kilo fire extinguisher that still has the valve on. Guessing it is steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If it's going to sit in one place, just get steel. You'll save money up front and not have to worry about finding a place that fills your precious shiny tank vs. swaps it. I ended up swapping my empty 5lb aluminum for a 20lb steel (full) at NO COST. No regrets.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back