C02 regulator problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terek

"Did I just drop down a rabbit hole?"
Reaction score
i just got my keg stuff set up, but im having major issues with my regulator. I get it all set at 10 psi on my keg and everything looks good. after a while i will come back in and the pressure is around 30-40 psi. i let the excess pressure out the relief and it drops to 10 psi. But it will just go back up. When i close the valve to my keg, i can watch the regulator go up to around 30-40. i have adjusted it so many times, and even with it turned as far down as i can, it still does this.

Is there a way to take it apart and clean it or something? I thought it might be because i keep my tank in the fridge, but my buddy does too, and has no problems. Any ideas guys?

Assuming the cylinder isn't going through some dramatic temperature change, the upward drift suggests a breach in the diaphragm or the seal of same against the regulator body (not the bonnet - that can leak like a sieve and the regulator will work just fine).

You could try removing the bonnet and inspecting the diaphragm for cracks, then put a light film of keg lube on the body sealing surface and reassemble. If you're lucky it'll hold a setting when you're done, otherwise a rebuild kit may be in order...

Cheers!

Assuming the cylinder isn't going through some dramatic temperature change, the upward drift suggests a breach in the diaphragm or the seal of same against the regulator body (not the bonnet - that can leak like a sieve and the regulator will work just fine).

You could try removing the bonnet and inspecting the diaphragm for cracks, then put a light film of keg lube on the body sealing surface and reassemble. If you're lucky it'll hold a setting when you're done, otherwise a rebuild kit may be in order...

Cheers!

kinda what i figured was wrong. i was just hoping it was something stupid. thanks bro

Latest posts

Back