Buy caps online?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkrawkgeek

Reaction score
I was just thinking about getting caps... And i didn't know if it were better to buy caps online or if it is just as good getting them in the LHBS. Is there any good places online? I live in BC, Canada.
Any help would be great! need some more caps! :D

I get mine at a Portuguese wine supply store for half the price I would pay at my lhbs. Same product

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

likely cost more to order then run to the local HB and grab them there. i was online at Toronto brewing of OBK and i think for 144 it was like 7.99, plus tax and shipping.

I used to get mine form Austin homebrew. I grabbed the 3lb bag each time. Considering that I was ordering enough for free shipping when they still had that program It made the caps cheap!

1625518_202242089982678_224683706_n.jpg

On line.

At my local shop, if I am remembering correctly, I paid about $9 for a pound of caps. I think there is just over 200 caps in a pound.

likely cost more to order then run to the local HB and grab them there. i was online at Toronto brewing of OBK and i think for 144 it was like 7.99, plus tax and shipping.

They are my lhbs but when I need caps I hit Macedo wine and get 150 for 3.99 and pick up some 1118 for .85 per pack

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

For plain caps I go to the LHBS. Gotta give a shout out to bottlemark.com for custom caps, though. They look fantastic. Now that I've started kegging I don't see myself going through too many, though.

You really need to look at several sites and see what it will cost. They cost a LOT more at my LHBS than I could get online. I did order a lot with a fixed rate shipping.

I usually keep an eye on Ebay and grab overruns and closeouts.. you can find some really cool caps for very little. My last purchase was "Rat Bastard Rootbeer" caps...

For plain caps I go to the LHBS. Gotta give a shout out to bottlemark.com for custom caps, though. They look fantastic. Now that I've started kegging I don't see myself going through too many, though.

I love the caps I just got from bottlemark. Can't beat full custom caps at that price.

Here's mine.

B08AF5E7-9378-426A-A2EB-C4EDFA1721A9_zpsh0u4cuxf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back