Burner size for 10 gal???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadDeacon

Reaction score
I am looking into scaling up to a 14 gal stainless pot from academy. My existing pot and burner have just about had it.

Any recommendations in a new burner? I am thinking about building a brew stand later this year and would like to be able to easily move the burner.

Thanks!

Deacon.

I like the Bajou Classic banjo burners. They have a nice even flame spread that works well. I have a KAB4 - it works well, but I wish I'd bought the KAB6 as it will handle a little bigger pot.

Best of Luck!

In case you haven't bought one yet I got the Bayou KAB6 from Wayfair delivered for $91. Which I think almost can't be beat. They have free shipping over $45 and the burner is 104 plus tax. They have a coupon for 20% off over $100. CASAPLA20H100 is the code. enter it at check out. And it was delivered in 2 days!

My SP10 holds my 18" diameter pot well. It's got about an inch or so overlap (the pot overlaps the burner) but it has never been an issue.

I ended up scrubbing the heck out of my old burner and it does fairly well. Will get 10 gal to a boil in about 45 min from 70 is deg tap.

Gonna limp along on that for a whole until I get my taxes paid off.

My SP10 holds my 18" diameter pot well. It's got about an inch or so overlap (the pot overlaps the burner) but it has never been an issue.

What size is your pot?
Is your SP10 one of the newer low pressure models?
What are your boil times?
Thanks in advance!

I have a couple of the SP 10s the high pressure ones I picked up for around 45 $ each new

I boil 13 gallons in a 16 gallon pot and they work well

but with that being said I just went electric in my brew :)

all the best

S_M

I have an SP10 with 10psi regulator. No issues at all for 12 gallon batches (post boil volume). My most recent boil volume was 14.5 gallons, and it was nice and vigorous. Heating time might be 20 minutes added onto my brew day relative to half this batch size. Trivial difference.

Thanks for the info Brew NY and Conestoga.
That decides it for me. I'm going with an SP10.

What size is your pot?
Is your SP10 one of the newer low pressure models?
What are your boil times?
Thanks in advance!

From tap (40-50F) to strike, 25 min outdoors on a cool day. From mash runnings to boil, another 20-25 depending upon the weather. 17" diameter (I said 18 and I was lying) and 15 gallons. That is for a 5 gallon boil usually.

From tap (40-50F) to strike, 25 min outdoors on a cool day. From mash runnings to boil, another 20-25 depending upon the weather. 17" diameter (I said 18 and I was lying) and 15 gallons. That is for a 5 gallon boil usually.

Thanks! Another vote for SP10, you can't beat the price.

Latest posts

Back