Burner Help!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrostar

Reaction score
I have had two 100,000 btu jet burners for a couple years now. I have grown to dislike them a lot. They are leaking all over and causing orange flame to char my beautiful polished kegs.

I have already tried using rtv and JB weld high temp and both have burned off. Would like to know what type of burner you use and if they are made well. Cost really not important to me. I need two and I will be running ng when I move so preferably burners that can do both would be ideal. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

I've been using a 45,000 BTU turkey frier stand for the last year but will be upgrading to something like a Blichman or Edelmetall set up soon. The frier stands are crazy cheap (20$-$40) and work far better than a stove but still have a bit too concentrated of a flame for my liking and don't seem real stable... You can get a nice Blichmann or Edelmetall that is wide, flat, has sides to keep the pot from moving and a wider flame base for more even heating. Not to mention way more BTUs (70,000+) . They can be had for about 130$ bucks from most local homebrew shops or about 30$ more if you have to get it from a place like Northern Brewer.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/blichmann-floor-burner.html?gclid=CO-Vj6Wy0bwCFcVFMgodFmIAYQ

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/brewing-equipment/burners-1/edelmetall-bru-burner.html

Note: I mean more BTUs than a frier, not your jet burner... But if you want to get away from the crazy concentrated flame, you don't need as many BTUs to transfer the heat as you get wider and wider.

I can't say enough good thinks about my Blichman burners - they makes boiling water easy and are very quite. I run two off of a 40 lb. propane tank.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

On my second brew with my Blichmann. I used a Bayou for the past 4 years and the Blichmann is hands down one of the best beer purchases I've made. The thing sips propane and is very quiet, well built etc etc. I believe you can convert it for NG as well.

Back