Bulky CO2 lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocotaco

Reaction score
I use the standard red Micromatic 5/16" ID, 9/16" OD tubing for my gas line. Got it from my LHBS; it's all they have.

It's really bulky and stiff and just generally unwieldy. Is there an alternative to this stuff somewhere?

I have read of people just using beer line for both liquid and gas, but all my gas hardware is 3/8" barbs so I am kind of locked into that ID. Just anything that is more flexible would be great.

For example, I have some 5/16" ID vinyl racking tube, brand new and never used. It is nice and flexible and thin. Is that not strong enough to hold 12-15 PSI?

Stick the beer line in a cup of boiling water. It will soften up enough to get over your barbs.

I don't really have an issue getting it onto the barbs; it is just really cumbersome inside the fridge, its weight puts a fair amount of torque on things and it just generally bothers me how un-maneuverable it is. I have a tight fit in the fridge and some small, flexible lines would really help.

Back