Bulk orders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's a good website for cheap bulk 2 row and hops?

Hopsdirect is really great if you go in with a few people and order 10lbs or more saves a ton on shipping

See if your lhbs does a group buy ...buying online with shipping isn't the cheapest option

For malt, you'll likely get the best deal by getting in on a group buy which are usually organized through the regional forums. For hops, I have always loved Niko Brew. Prices are higher than hops direct, but the $5 all you can eat shipping is the best deal around.

For me even MoreBeer's prices beats the LHBS. I buy the 10lb bags of 2 row and the 5lbs of Vienna or Munich. 1lbers for most everything else. Once you cross a certain threshold shipping is free.

With the 50-55lb sacks the price per lb seems cheaper until you factor in shipping. I'm just far enough away from them to make it marginally not worth my time to drive there for the bigger sacks.

Rite Brew has to be the cheapest for 2-Row. I can get a bag for $50 shipped.

Among online retailers that may be true, but the last group buy I got in on I got two 50# sacks of two row for ~$60. If you don't want to wait for a group buy, go with Rite Brew, but if you can find a group buy, the savings will be massive.

Back