Bud Tries to Take Over the World

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the first, and not the last company to try and capitalize on the soon-to-be largest economy (and already largest land mass and population) in the world: China.

Great move for a business, IMO.

There is lots of rice in China, this should help "The King of Beers" logistics.

Move production closer to their beer's raw ingredient.

Great business decision.

I've been to China. They have a real beer culture there. The Germans taught them how to brew in the 1800s duing the imperialist period. They already have some pretty good beer. I'm not sure how BUD will be received.

I've been to China. They have a real beer culture there. The Germans taught them how to brew in the 1800s duing the imperialist period. They already have some pretty good beers. I'm not sure how BUD will be received.

Agreed, I spent the majority of the last two years over there and brands like Qingtao, Tiger and Carlsberg already have/had great market share.

China loves anything American and if I had the money would start up a micro brewery there in a heart beat. Amazing where you could find Brooklyn beers over there.

If you are ever in Shanghai, Boxing Cat Brewery is a great slice of Americana abroad...

ForumRunner_20130731_085916.png

ForumRunner_20130731_090000.png

Ben

Latest posts

Back