Bubbles stopped? why?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben2904

Reaction score
Last night (24hrs after started fermenting) the airlock had bubbling...
I counted for like 10 times and there was a bubble every 6 seconds...
I woke up in the night (like 4-5 hrs later) and there was alot of activity in the airlock...like a bubble every second or two (drived me crazy :cross:)..

anyway...now (8 hrs later, mabye started before) there are almost no bubbling in the airlock....mabye a bubble every pretty long time...

Any one can explain this thing to me please? Is my beer ok?

Relax. Don't worry. Have a homebrew.
It's not uncommon for yeast to be mostly done in 48 hours. That just means you got a lively population. Let it sit for at least another week and then check the gravity to make sure it's done before you bottle.

Relax. Don't worry. Have a homebrew.
It's not uncommon for yeast to be mostly done in 48 hours. That just means you got a lively population. Let it sit for at least another week and then check the gravity to make sure it's done before you bottle.

I didn't worry because I anyway let is sit for 2 weeks and I know that it definitly finish ferment by that time.

Just wanted to know about this thing, because it had so much activity in it and few hours later it didnt at all..

Lots of things will effect how quickly your fermentation happens. Pitch rate, yeast viability (how healthy they are) temperature, and wort gravity just to name a few. Yeast is alive and will operate on its own schedule. That said, you should still be doing everything you can to control the aspects of fermentation that are controllable - namely, pitch rate and fermentation temperature control. If you are not paying attention to one or both of those things, you will notice more inconsistency between batches.

You didn't mention your temperature, temps especially over 70 for ales can ferment super fast. Unfortunately, they also give off flavors...

Seeing as you've already gotten plenty of intelligent (and totally correct) answers, I'm going with 'because you touch yourself at night.'

Seeing as you've already gotten plenty of intelligent (and totally correct) answers, I'm going with 'because you touch yourself at night.'

Actually I work at the early morning..
I cant know what is the ferm temp because I ice bath it..

Back