Bubbles in beer line coming from out disconnect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therackman

Reaction score
I'm looking for some help troubleshooting a foamy pour issue I'm having with my keezer. I'm getting large air pockets in my beer line and seeing bubbles rise in the beer line coming from the ball lock out disconnect.

I know one of the causes for this is if the line is too warm and I don't think it's that because I have three other kegs in the keezer and don't have this problem in any other line.

I recently cleaned this line and cut off a small section that was discolored, then reconnected to a flare fitting to the ball lock disconnect. I made sure the ball lock disconnect is securely attached and the flare fitting from the line is well tightened.

Immediately after I pour I can see small bubbles rising from the disconnect. What would cause this and what should I try to fix it? Many thanks.

Could be a bad o-ring. Try changing them out. Also check to make sure your poppet isn't bad or have crude in there. Lastly try a different ball lock. If it fixes the problem it's a bad or dirty ball lock.

Is this on multiple beers on the same line or is this with a single keg? Sounds like you may have a pressure issue (beer carbonated at a higher pressure than the serving pressure), or possibly the o ring in the post being iffy and gas mixing in slowly. What happens if you swap the connector with a different keg? Maybe try swapping out the QD with one from a different line that does not behave this way.

I personally had this issue when I was serving at a lower pressure than the beer was carbed to. I simply turned up the pressure 1 psi or so and haven't seen a bubble since.

..... I'm getting large air pockets in my beer line and seeing bubbles rise in the beer line coming from the ball lock out disconnect......Immediately after I pour I can see small bubbles rising from the disconnect. What would cause this and what should I try to fix it? Many thanks.
My first guess would be a leaking dip tube o-ring. This allows CO2 to enter the beer stream with no external indication of a leak.

I personally had this issue when I was serving at a lower pressure than the beer was carbed to. I simply turned up the pressure 1 psi or so and haven't seen a bubble since.
A good idea. OP, are you carbing and dispensing at the same pressure?

.... Sounds like you may have a pressure issue (beer carbonated at a higher pressure than the serving pressure), or possibly the o ring in the post being iffy and gas mixing in slowly......
I guess I agree with DrunkleJon.....:drunk:

Thanks for the input. I tried all of the suggestions and nothing changed it. I think it might have been the pressure as I had it set at 12psi for a couple days, then turned it down to 10. I didn't think that would make this much difference and it's odd that it didnt effect the other kegs.

I had this issue and as you mentioned in your OP, it was due to a temperate differential in the coffin top. I turned up the recirc fan speed and the problem went away. Just because only one line is doing this doesn't necessarily mean temp differential is not the issue. Keezers can have different temp zones inside depending on how air is being circulated. I doubt a pressure differential of 2 psi between carbing and serving would cause your issue.

EDIT: Sorry... I just read TheCondor's post. I would have bet against such a small psi change would cause the issue.. Mine was definitely temp related.

Latest posts

Back