Bry97 long ferment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melikidabeer

Reaction score
So I pitched 2 packs of rehydrated bry97 into 5 gallons of black Ipa wort at 1.058. I did a very good job of airating the wort before I pitched. I did this 10 days ago and have kept the temp low, 15celcius to avoid esters. It started quickly and went mental. I had to attach a blow off tube. Thing is, the bugger's still fermenting away, bubbling every 5 or so seconds. Should I be worried?
Cheers

Nothing to worry about.

At this point (10 days in), airlock activity probably isn't a sign of fermentation but rather CO2 being released from suspension. Best way to determine if your fermentation has ended is to take a gravity reading.

Good point. Hadn't considered that. Never fermented this low before so I was paranoid about that. I'll check it later. Cheers.

Gravity only 1.020 so fermentation not done yet. Does have a very neutral taste though, so fermenting low has reduced ester formation.

Hey, how did this beer come out? I have a similar situation here. Pitched 14 days ago and still have fermentation visible thru carboy.

Latest posts

Back