Brux

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chupidacabra

Reaction score
Any word on this beer? I haven't heard of it. Russian river Sierra Nevada colab. Domesticated wild.

Chupidacabra said:
Any word on this beer? I haven't heard of it. Russian river Sierra Nevada colab. Domesticated wild.

Came out over a year ago. Pretty sure was a one time release. I still have a bottle of it if your looking to trade for it. Let me know

Cheers
Ed

Edit: purchased mine 9/5/2012 image-4282485824.jpg

Came out over a year ago. Pretty sure was a one time release. I still have a bottle of it if your looking to trade for it. Let me know

Cheers
Ed

Edit: purchased mine 9/5/2912

Mmmmm....future beer!!!!

I can get 10 of them.

Anyone want to trade? Lol I found an amazing bottle shop hidden in the corner of a wine store. Has all kinds of crazy bottles I thought I'd never see.

Was mostly wondering what you thought of it?

Chupidacabra said:
I can get 10 of them. Anyone want to trade? Lol I found an amazing bottle shop hidden in the corner of a wine store. Has all kinds of crazy bottles I thought I'd never see. Was mostly wondering what you thought of it?

Wasn't a huge fan when I first bought it. Heard it has changed for the better since. Was planning on opening this bottle soon to see for myself. Not great trade bait from my own personal experience, but you never know! Good luck

I agree, it was a good beer. Slightly disappointing considering it was a rr collaboration. And as ed said, it supposedly gets better with age.

Might just hold onto it for another year. If you do try it let me know how it has aged.

Chupidacabra said:
Might just hold onto it for another year. If you do try it let me know how it has aged.

Definitely will. I think I may give it a go in the next week or so. Have a few buddies that are starting to get into craft beer so was planning on opening it with them one day. I'll report back.

Here was my original rating on ratebeer when I first tried it:

750ml bottle. Pours a slightly hazy copper color with a finger of fizzy head. Aroma is tart with a touch of funkiness, sour apple, and grapes. Taste is sour and fruity, horse blanket, some caramel, and yeast. Really fizzy carbonation.

Had that one at SN pubroom last Feb. Thought it was terrible. The feeling I got was they were not going to do it again. They had to quarantine part of the brewery to the point people could not walk from one area to the other.

If I remember correctly it was fermented with sacch yeast and bottle conditioned with Brett B.
SN does not produce sours and a brewery of that size to catch an infection would be devastating.

Also have a bottle in a cellar and agreed it was pretty MEH from the beginning.
Giving the brett some time to feed on the sacch might have done it some good.

If I remember correctly it was fermented with sacch yeast and bottle conditioned with Brett B.
SN does not produce sours and a brewery of that size to catch an infection would be devastating.

Also have a bottle in a cellar and agreed it was pretty MEH from the beginning.
Giving the brett some time to feed on the sacch might have done it some good.

Yeah, I don't know how long it had been conditioning. I believe our beers were served from a keg.

Latest posts

Back