"Brutus" Thread - Show us your Brutus!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my LOW budget Brutus build, rolling stand was made from racking cross pieces and the burner support from a well used bed frame. Total cost for the rolling frame $35 bucks (wheels cost me $25) - kegs $90 - Auber controls $80 - Gas Solenoids $12 each - Burners $12 each - Plumbing around $230 and check out the low cost hose couplers that were around $2.30 each (Lowes) - Pumps $230 and a few other goodies = Total cost around $1100
Brewed 7 batches to date since Dec 09 and lovin it!!

IMG00009-20100411-1243.jpg

IMG00010-20100411-1244.jpg

IMG00011-20100411-1245.jpg

IMG00012-20100411-1246.jpg

IMG00013-20100411-1251.jpg

Looks great but there's a big alarm going off in my head when I view the picture above: You've got the PC fan installed on the top of the control box, right above a bunch of liquid connectors that are going to be connected/disconnected. They will drip. Either move the exhaust fan to the bottom or build a shroud of some sort.

Same with the two pumps. Some sort of deflective shroud should be used.

Long story short: You shouldn't be afraid to take a garden hose to the setup. IF you are, rethink how you have things sealed up.

Kal

heres my other. what am i doing wrong?

mE9C8wYIvsg1eGmjNxXRifiE0dXNWtJnWuQGntu4bDY

You need the img brackets.
Your posting the direct link. When I quoted you, I see you did the img brackets. But they are to the direct link. You want the JPG info.

SDC12998.JPG

Starting my 1BBL Brutus 10 build. I will post the photos here when able. Blichmann components throughout (55 gallon Blichs are not expensive considering their volume) and BCS controlled. Also, as with all of my breweries, fully electric. This one, 22000W.

Starting my 1BBL Brutus 10 build. I will post the photos here when able. Blichmann components throughout (55 gallon Blichs are not expensive considering their volume) and BCS controlled. Also, as with all of my breweries, fully electric. This one, 22000W.

Why not start a build thread, then put a picture of the finished product here?

Here's Emily at work (apologies for the crappy phone pic):

IMG_01633.JPG

Unfortunately, I've discovered that no matter how shiny and gorgeous they look when you finish the build, they never look like that again. Soot and discoloration immediately happens near the burners, and my weldless fittings drip wort no matter how much I @#$@# adjust them, leaving stalagmites of burned crap underneath the spigots and on top of the plate chiller. Grrr! (But she still works like a champ!!)

Unfortunately, I've discovered that no matter how shiny and gorgeous they look when you finish the build, they never look like that again. Soot and discoloration immediately happens near the burners, and my weldless fittings drip wort no matter how much I @#$@# adjust them, leaving stalagmites of burned crap underneath the spigots and on top of the plate chiller. Grrr! (But she still works like a champ!!)

I've never had problems with weldless fittings. What kind are you using, and are you putting teflon tape on the threads?

I've had leaking problems with mine as well. I think I finally got them all worked out, but it was a pain there for a bit.

Gentlemen,
I'm having an issue with wiring the Love Controllers. They won't light-up. They are post 2008.

Back